Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A death, a move, a birth, and another birth


Not sure why I haven't posted in such a long time. I suppose that I started this blog when I lived in Virginia to keep in touch with my family and friends that still lived here in Alabama. I also wrote about the updates on my mom and dad's health so that those who wanted to know could keep informed. Since my last post, my sweet mother passed away. She was the kindest, most loving mother with the prettiest blue eyes ever. She left this world with those she loved most at her bedside. Oh how I miss her still today.  This picture was taken not long before she married my dad. 

My husband retired several months later and we moved from Virginia back to Alabama.  We lived in my parents house for about 6 months...making improvements and getting it ready to put on the market while we looked for a house to buy.  We sold their house a week after it was listed.  We moved across town into a house in the same neighborhood as my son's in-laws, which makes it very convenient when they are here visiting from Arkansas.


Now comes the exciting part of this story.  Nat and I became grandparents for the first time on May 8th, 2008!  What a day that was!  We got the call from AR about 1 a.m. that Mary was in labor and they were at the hospital.  The next several hours were a blur, but within just a few hours, Mary's mom got us a flight to AR and we made it to the hospital just in time to see our grandson, John Michael Wigley, born at 12:46!  A day that I will never forget!  He weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 21 inches long and was the most beautiful baby. 

He will be 2 years old this May and is the love of our life!  His big blue eyes can just melt your heart!


On John Michael's first birthday, Mary Avery and Jordan, surprised us all.  John Michael came out of his bedroom wearing a "big brother" t-shirt.  None of us noticed for several minutes, but we were all so excited after we found out the news.  Nat and I left the next day with John Michael, Jordan, and Mary Avery for Disney World. Jordan celebrated his first birthday at Disney World, so we decided to keep the tradition!  We all had so much fun and John Michael was a perfect child the whole trip. 


Our next several months were spent waiting to see if we were going to have a little granddaughter or another grandson.  They had decided not to find out what sex their second baby was going to be.  Don't they know this drives grandmothers crazy! haha  It was kind of fun to have a surprise waiting for us though.  And what a surprise it was.   On Nov. 24th, 2009, Matthew James Wigley came into this world.  Our "little" fellow weighed in at a whopping 10lb 14 oz!! And was 22 1/4 inches long!  Wow!  He was not even able to wear newborn diapers...haha.  He was every bit as beautiful as his brother and is just the sweetest little baby. 

They are both so adorable and we love them so very much.  We have spent a lot of time traveling back and forth from Alabama to Arkansas.  It is very hard living so far away from them, but Mary Avery does a great job on her blog,  http://mary.wigley-family.com/ .  She posts almost everyday with pictures and details of what is going on day by day. John Michael calls me GaGa so I might have to change the name of my blog. HA!  The boys are growing up way to fast for this grandmother and I just always look forward to the next time that I will get to see them. Never soon enough.

Whew!  That's the last 2 years abbreviated into one post!  Maybe I won't wait quite so long before posting again.

3 Comments:

Blogger jennypilgrim said...

It is about time you posted. Both of us could take a lesson in keeping our blogs updated :)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Julie Payne said...

Welcome back to Blog World! Yes, you and Moon need me to kick you in the blog butt? lol Love it and YOU!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Mary Avery said...

I'm glad you updated your blog! I'll have to check in and see what's going on! I'm glad y'all are coming up to see the boys...I need a haircut so badly. My roots are black as night for some reason! I hope I can get an appt and you can watch JM while you're here!

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home