Monday, September 19, 2005

There's gonna be a wedding!



Well...it's official. There's gonna be a wedding!! My son, Jordan, proposed to his girlfriend, Mary, this past weekend! They have been dating for over 5 years. He called me 2 weeks ago to tell me that he had just picked up the most beautiful ring in the whole world. I have to agree that it is beautiful...although my own is a sentimental favorite.

He flew into Birmingham Thursday around noon, then drove to Gadsden to visit with my parents and to have "the talk" with her parents. He wanted to do everything the proper way...at least the proper "Southern" way...and ask for their permission to ask for her hand in marriage. After he got their blessings, he drove to Tuscaloosa where Mary is a nursing student at the University of Alabama....ROLL TIDE ROLL!

He waited until Friday night to propose. He made reservations at a nice restaurant which they had eaten at several years ago to celebrate the anniversary of their first date (my son is so romantic even if I say so myself). Then after dinner he suggested they take a stroll around campus. He took her to a historic house on campus which is gated and usually locked, but on this night the gate was open. They went inside and this is where he popped the question. She said YES! Of course with such a beautiful ring...how could she say no...haha. A beautiful ring for a beautiful girl!!

Nat and I are so proud to welcome her to our family and are looking forward to what I know will be a beautiful wedding!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Using the most advanced satellite technology, we deliver more than 225 channels of programming to homes and businesses that have Directv Tivo Promotion receiving equipment, which features a small satellite dish, a digital set-top receiver and a remote control. Check out my site on Directv Tivo Promotion

7:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Roll Tide indeed!

Congrats to the couple!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Pilly said...

They look so happy together and I know how excited they must be! AAWWWW to be young and in love!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Julie Payne said...

I am thrilled for MISTER, and Rebekah and Katie will be too!!!!
Tell Sonny Boy to "come on" and to bring his momma too.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home